The Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the recruiting body that conducts various exams to hire eligible candidates in the banks. One of the exams organised by the IBPS is the Clerk Exam. This is the most important exam for those aspirants who want to get a job in the banks.
The IBPS Clerk Exam is conducted in two phases. These are as follows:
- IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
The criteria of the selection is that the candidates will get shortlisted through the Prelims exam. Then these aspirants will appear for the Mains examination. The candidate who will perform well in the Mains exam will get the opportunity of having a job as a clerk in the bank.
The notification given by the IBPS states that there are only 2557 vacancies for the post of Clerk. Therefore, aspirants have to work hard to get the job of clerk in the banking sector. Also, the number of candidates applying for this post is incredibly high as the IBPS Clerk exam is one of those biggest exams organised by the IBPS.
This article will help all the aspirants to make a better study plan so that they can prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam.
The preparation tips are given below:
Be Thorough With The Syllabus.
The syllabus for both the Prelims and Mains exam is given here:
- Preliminary Exam
- English Proficiency
- Mathematical Ability
- Logical Ability
- Mains Exam
- General English
- Financial/ General Awareness
- Computer Aptitude and Thinking Ability
- Numerical Ability
Get A Hint About The Blueprint Of The Exam.
- The exam pattern for the Prelims exam is:
- 30 questions of English Language Section (30 marks)
- 35 questions of Quantitative Aptitude Section (35 marks)
- 35 questions of Reasoning Ability Section (35 marks)
The time allotted for completing this paper is 1 hour.
- The exam pattern for the Mains exam is:
- 40 questions of English Proficiency (40 marks)
- 50 questions of Current Affairs (50 marks)
- 50 questions of Practical Ability and Computer Aptitude (60 marks)
- 50 questions of Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
The time given to the candidate for finishing this paper is 160 minutes.
Take Help Of Various Books.
Knowing about the syllabus is not enough, you also have to solve questions to understand the concepts. You can buy different books to comprehend the topics individually. These books are available in the market and even on the internet. Use these guidebooks to solve questions and get a clue about the types of questions asked in the exam.
Make Use of The Sample Papers And Previous Years Question Papers.
Solving the mock test papers will help you in understanding the exam pattern. Also, these question papers will assist you to understand the topics in a better and easy way. These sample papers will provide you with a rough idea about what types of problems will be coming in the exam. Visit Oliveboard to practice mock test papers to identify your weak and strong areas.
Keep Equilibrium Between Speed And Accuracy.
You must finish your paper on time without attempting any question incorrectly. If you have speed but no accuracy, then it will be of no benefit as this will cause harm to your result. So while attempting questions, keep in mind that you answer them correctly with the maintenance of the speed. Therefore, there must be a balance between both accuracy and speed to clear the examination.
Managing your time is very important if you are preparing for any examination. You should build a timetable such that you can focus on each topic. Your schedule should contain all the activities. Creating a timetable will help you in achieving your daily targets. Time management is also important when you are attempting the question paper. Allot time for different sections so that you can finish your exam on time.
Revision Is Essential.
After completing the syllabus, you must revise all the concepts so that you do not forget them till your examination. The notes that you have prepared will assist you in remembering all topics. Through revision, you will be able to recall all the information during the examination.
Clarification Of The Doubts Is Necessary.
During the preparation of the exam, many doubts appear in a learner’s mind. Candidates must clarify their doubts on time. If they’ll not do so, then there might be chances of not understanding the topics clearly. To have a strong grip on the topics, aspirants must clear their doubts.
Clear Your Concepts.
For a better understanding of the topics, it is crucial to have a grasp of the principles. Try to comprehend all the basic principles so that you can move on to difficult topics.
Be Ready With Your Notes.
It is advised that you prepare notes after reading every topic. These notes will help you in doing your revision. Also, writing notes will enhance your writing speed.
Beneath is the strategy for the preparation of the Prelims Exam:
For the English Language Section.
- Learn the basic rules of grammar and improve your vocabulary so that you can easily attempt questions in this section.
- As it is not easy to score well in the English language, try to maintain accuracy. More accuracy will result in good marks.
- Focus on important topics like comprehension, verbs, synonyms, etc. You can solve various sample papers to understand the concepts easily.
For the Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- The questions asked in this section are based on calculation so work hard to score maximum marks in this section.
- Attempt questions of quadratic equations, simplifications, number series, etc to fetch more marks as these require less time.
- Try to solve or attempt those questions first whose answer you know correctly. Once you are done solving the questions you know, aim to solve those questions which you have left.
For the Reasoning Section.
- Solve those questions first that are not based on the puzzles. Leave those questions for the end.
- Start solving the questions of alphabetical series, coding and decoding, syllogism, etc., with accuracy.
- In the end, attempt the questions of puzzles. Firstly start with the easy questions, then move on to the moderate and difficult ones.
We hope these tips will help you to make your dreams come true. Best of luck!