Although candidates receive fixed dates for their Microsoft certification exams, at times, they need to reschedule. These can be either due to life events or other unforeseen factors. Microsoft has provisioned for rescheduling examinations, provided that the candidate applies for the rescheduling early enough. If you have applied for the AZ 104 exam and need to reschedule it for any reason, you can certainly do so.
When should you reschedule an examination?
There are several reasons because of which candidates feel it necessary to reschedule their examinations. At times, it is due to unavoidable circumstances such as major life events, illnesses, etc. In other cases, candidates choose to reschedule their examinations to get more preparation time. Some of the Microsoft Cloud certification exams are quite difficult and have an extensive syllabus. Therefore, when the candidates fail to prepare thoroughly for the exam within the available time, they can postpone it to prepare better.
However, it is advisable to reschedule the exam only if necessary. For instance, if something major occurs and there is nothing you can do about it, you would have to reschedule. Lack of preparation is a valid reason too. However, if a candidate keeps rescheduling the Microsoft Azure certification exam repeatedly to get more preparation time, it would have a negative impact on preparations. As mentioned earlier, some of these examinations are quite difficult and require intensive practice. When a candidate gets into a habit of rescheduling the exams, he/she starts to relax with the preparations. This results in poor performance in the exam rather than helping to score better.
Would you lose any money due to rescheduling?
One of the key concerns that candidates have while opting to reschedule exams for Microsoft Azure certifications is whether they would lose any money. Well, it would depend on how early you apply for rescheduling. Here is how it works:
- If you reschedule the examination at least six business days before the exam date, you would not have to lose any money. The fees you paid for the examination would remain applicable for the rescheduled exam.
- If you choose to reschedule the examination before five business days or closer to the exam date, you will lose 12.5% of the Azure certification cost as a fee.
- When candidates do not reschedule the examination at least 24 hours before the exam and fail to show up, they lose the entire exam fee.
The business days run from Monday to Friday and exclude Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Thus, you can enjoy a great deal of flexibility while pursuing the Azure certifications as it is possible to reschedule the exams. You would not have to pay any additional fee if you reschedule the exam timely, making it even more reasonable and convenient.
How to reschedule your exam?
Rescheduling a Microsoft certification exam is quite easy. You may reschedule the exam yourself by accessing the certification dashboard. However, if you find it difficult, you may send your details to a support team member at Pearson VUE and seek assistance. Alternatively, you may also contact the test centre where you would be appearing and request them to reschedule it. If you chose to register for the exam with accommodations, you would have to reschedule through the call centre.
How to prepare for the examination on time?
Although there are provisions for rescheduling the examination, it is always better to avoid doing so. As mentioned earlier, constant postponing has an impact on the quality of preparation. Moreover, it also adds to delays in obtaining the certification, putting you at a disadvantage. Here are some tips for timely preparation:
- Resources: Try to obtain valuable and up-to-date resources to learn from. This would significantly raise your chances of success.
- Training: Apply for the necessary Microsoft Azure certification training course in a reputable institution. Koenig, for example, happens to be one of the best institutes to pursue these courses.
- Practice: Extensive practical knowledge can give you an edge while appearing for the examination. Try to practice using all the relevant tools and services as much as possible.
Rescheduling should not be an issue as long as you adhere to the guidelines and advice above. Especially with adequate training, you can reduce or even eliminate the need for rescheduling.