A CRM (customer relationship management) software is used by many companies to manage their relationship with their present and potential customers. However, the process of implementing CRM software is not without its challenges. So much so that about 70% CRM projects fail to achieve their goals.
In this article we are going to share some tried and tested steps that you can follow for successful implementation of CRM software. While you are here, you can take some time to take a quick glance at these articles about software application development and finest customized software program improvement corporations.
What’s Your Strategy?
A successful implementation requires a solid strategy. This includes the goals that you want it to achieve, the business areas that it must cover and the processes it is meant to support. For example, if your priority is improving results of sales and streamlining and automating sales processes then you can go for sale CRM implementation.
But if your goal is bringing digital transformation and developing new business processes in marketing, customer service and sales then you can implement CRM at once in all the three areas. However, for maximum benefit you will be required to integrate all of the solutions and go for a joint workflow. Your IT team may not be able to manage so calling a CRM development team will be helpful.
The Implementation Plan
Making the implementation plan means that you divide the CRM project into a number of stages with set timelines. The following is the general outline of CRM implementation plan.
- Consulting: In this stage you identify your present business needs and point out the CRM functionalities which would help you achieve those needs. Mapping the customization and integrations occurs in this stage.
- Cleansing and Migration: Before implementation of the CRM software the data is checked whether it is complete and accurate, so that it can be transferred to the new system.
- Customization: This involves customizing the CRM solution so that it better fit the needs of your corporation. It may be done with coding or point-and-click tools.
- Test: In this stage you test the software for any weaknesses and correct them.
- Deployment: In this phase you roll out the ready software to production.
- Training of Users: This also an important part of implementation. To increase the efficiency of the CRM solution the user must know how to use it properly. Users are taught to increase the adoption of software.
- Support: This includes monitoring the performance of CRM solution post implementation, troubleshooting system issues and further fine tuning of CRM features.
You may not be able to predict all the issues you may face while implementing the CRM software but we can point a few that are common.
- Always get help from CRM consultant when estimating project’s duration and scope. If you don’t, your project will go off-track. The same goes for budget estimation as advanced features of CRM are costly.
- Make sure that the CRM features that you are availing are convenient to your employees. It will all be for nothing if they can’t leverage its capabilities to the max.
- The users should be involved in the process of development of the software from beginning and trained. It would be best to hire CRM admin so that users can go to him/her in case they face an obstacle.
A CRM implementation that is well-implemented will help you achieve better retention, improved sales and good relations with customers. No matter how much time and money you spend on buying impressive CRM, you will not be able to use it to your benefits if it is not implemented according to your business needs. It is always better to use proven practices and experts’ help to do things right.