Subscription payments are an excellent alternative for customers who make repeated purchases from a merchant’s website. So, if your business requires regular payment arrangements, a subscription payment provider is the best option. This way, your client can save time by not having to search for the same goods twice. Additionally, the customer would be able to avail of the e-commerce website’s price reductions and other special offers, and the merchant is guaranteed payments on time. Hence, both parties benefit from this arrangement.
How Automatic Payments Work
- Under the subscription option, a consumer registers with the e-commerce site or purchases a specific product for a weekly/monthly/annual cost.
- When the consumer makes the initial payment, they input and store their credit card information.
- Payment method information is stored for future transactions.
- When the customer’s purchase is renewed, the money is deducted from the customer’s account.
- This is done periodically in accordance with the regularity of the transaction or before the subscription’s expiration.
- This is advantageous for the customer, as they do not need to input their payment information twice.
- The client is billed until the merchant cancels or withdraws the subscription.
- The seller’s revenue stream is regular and consistent.
The Payment Solutions Company’s Function
The payment gateway plays a critical role as a facilitator throughout the process, and its functions are:
Payment solutions providers assist merchants in integrating subscription programs with payment gateways. For instance, a client can select a specific plan for two weeks’ use of a product or service. And the online payment systems would bill each client according to the plan chosen. Additionally, there is sufficient flexibility, such as altering the active plan, free trial period, or extending contracts at discounted prices. Further, payment gateways would suspend charges in the event of client cancellation.
Upkeep of Database
Payment firms assist in maintaining a repository of each customer’s previous and current plans. This is highly beneficial in resolving any issues regarding the subscription’s duration or the amount deducted from the customer’s account.
Given that the consumer keeps the sensitive card data, the merchant must incorporate a secure online transaction system to prevent data breaches or privacy violations.
Offerings Tailored to Your Specifications
Additionally, the payments business would assist in immediately updating the system in the event of a client changing their plan, payment option, or card data. Besides, a worldwide payments firm that has a built-in currency converter may take payments in various currencies.
How to Establish Recurring Payments
A subscriptions payment provider may assist a merchant in setting up the payment processing model in the following ways:
Recurring invoices: This is good if the price being charged regularly is the same. According to the concept, the payments business would send an e-invoice to the consumer on a set date. The invoice would provide choices for the client to activate payment, amend the payment mode, delete and replace previously saved credit card information, and so on.
Payment in advance: This is great for recurring clients. The online payment page stores the client’s card information. As a result, a predetermined amount is deducted automatically from the client’s bank account on a predetermined date.
Given its plethora of benefits, it’s unsurprising that membership fees are increasing. However, be sure to use a reputable, secure payment gateway with expertise in processing vast volumes of client transactions and a proven track record of providing accurate service and multi-currency processing power.