Many organization believes that moving towards Microsoft 365 means no need of backup, but that’s not true! Even Microsoft suggests taking a full Microsoft 365 backup using the Third-party tool. Having a backup is always a good move as it comes in handy to avoid many situations.
In this write-up, we’ll discuss how to backup and restore Microsoft 365 mailboxes using a third-party tool. But before starting this, I will mention few circumstances where the Microsoft 365 backup comes in handy.
Why Backup Microsoft 365?
We all know Microsoft 365 stores data on the cloud and makes data accessibility much easier than ever before. As users can access their data from everywhere and anytime but storing data on the cloud also has few cons that arise the need for Microsoft 365 backup.
- Microsoft 365 stores data on the cloud that means your data is accessible for everyone and arise the chances of data breaching.
- We only know our data is on the cloud but where? What if unintentionally some of your data get deleted where you will find it to retrieve?
- Microsoft 365 protects users’ data from common issues, but in the end, this protection is inbuilt into Microsoft 365. It is like backing up system data on the same system. So it is best to backup Microsoft 365 data on the local disk.
- Microsoft has mentioned on its service availability page; they are not liable for any disruption and data loss and recommends regularly backup your content.
So these are the few reasons which ask to keep a full backup of Microsoft 365. Now we’ll describe an automated tool along with its process to backup and restore Microsoft 365 emails.
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool
It is one of the best tools to backup and restores Microsoft 365 emails. This tool has easy to use GUI that allows even a non-technocrat to complete the backup task without technical assistance and knowledge. This tool provides multiple user-centric features, which enables the users to backup Microsoft 365 emails effortlessly. Let’s show you how this tool works:
Backup Microsoft 365 using Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Software:
- Firstly, install and launch the software in your system.
- Click on the Connect Office 365 option, and provide the credentials.
- Now click on the Assign Delegate Rights button.
- An Assign delegate right page will appear, here check the mailbox and click on the Assign Delegate Right button.
- After providing the delegate rights, click on the Backup directory option on the ribbon bar.
Provide the name and path of the backup directory and click on the Ok button.
- Now click on the Backup Job option on the ribbon bar, provide the Job name and click on the Next button.
- Now select mailboxes wizard will open, select the mailboxes you want to backup, and for you provided delegate rights.
After that, click on the Next button.
- A filter wizard will open, the Filter option is on Include/Exclude message class and Date range basis. Users can also skip the unwanted folder.
Apply the filter as per need and click on the Next button.
- Now the setting wizard will open, here you can split the resultant PST files and can Export hard deleted items from deleted folder.
Once you done with the setting option, click on the Next button.
- Now the scheduler page will open. Click on the Job run immediately after the finish button.
Click on the job scheduler option to schedule the backup job.
Once you done with the scheduler option, click Ok and then click Next.
- Now a status page gets open, check the project detail and click on the Finish button.
The software will provide you a complete log report, and the user can save it for future reference.
It is the process of Backup Microsoft 365 emails in PST file using the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restores Tool. Now we will restore Microsoft 365 backup using this tool.
Restore Microsoft 365 Backup Using Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore software:
- Open the software, click on the Restore Option.
- Now make a click on the Add Backup Directory option on the ribbon bar.
Add backup directory you want to restore.
- Select the added backup directory from the left pane and then click on Office 365 mailboxes option on the ribbon bar.
- Now the check/uncheck wizard will get open, here check/uncheck subfolders, and one can also do custom folder selection.
After you done with the options, click Ok and then click the Next button.
- Now provide Office 365 credentials, users also can choose Outlook profile to fetch mailboxes.
Now click on the Next button.
- Now Map mailboxes as per need and click the Next button.
- A filter wizard will open. The filter option is on the Include Exclude Message class and item date basis.
Click on the Next button.
- The Microsoft 365 restore process gets started, the software will provide a live log report where you can see the status of the process.
Once the process gets completed, click Ok and then click Finish. (User can save the log report for later.
Taking backup of Microsoft 365 mailboxes at regular intervals will be an indispensable activity for any organization. There are also manual ways to restore Microsoft 365 mailboxes but comes with certain limitations over a professional tool. It makes sense to use a third-party tool that makes work easy for a novice user. Shoviv Office 365 Email Backup and Restore tool works fast and provides various user-centric features. It offers a free trial version, where a user can check the efficiency of the tool. Type a message